1 St. Simeon’s Prophecy (Luke 2:34, 35).
2 Flight of Jesus into Egypt (Matt. 2:13, 14).
3 The Loss of the Child Jesus in the Temple (Luke 2:43-45).
4 The Meeting of Mary with Jesus on the Way of the Cross.
5 The Death of Jesus (John 19:25-30).
6 The Piercing of the Side of Jesus, and His Descent from the
Cross (John 19:34).
7 The burial of Jesus (John 19:40-42).
O God, in Whose Passion, according to the prophecy of Simeon,
a sword of sorrow pierced through the most sweet soul of the
glorious Virgin Mother Mary, mercifully grant that we, who call to
mind with veneration Her Sorrows, may obtain the blessed fruit of
Thy Passion. We ask this of Thee Who livest and reignest, in unity
of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. Amen.
SEVEN GRACES OF OUR MOTHER OF SORROWS
The Blessed Virgin Mary grants seven graces to the souls who honor her
daily by meditating on her tears and dolors (sorrows). The Hail Mary is
prayed seven times, once after each meditation. This devotion was passed
on by St. Bridget.
- I will grant peace to their families.
- They will be enlightened about the divine mysteries.
- I will console them in their pains and I will accompany them in their
- I will give them as much as they ask for as long as it does not oppose
the adorable will of my Divine Son or the sanctification of their souls.
- I will defend them in their spiritual battles with the infernal enemy
and I will protect them at every instant of their lives.
- I will visibly help them at the moment of their death, they will see the
face of their Mother.
- I have obtained (this Grace) from my Divine Son, that those who
propagate this devotion to my tears and dolors will be taken directly
from this earthly life to eternal happiness since all of their sins will be
forgiven and my Son and I will be their eternal consolation and joy.